Wealth management MIS
The Wealth Management division of a major European investment bank engaged us to deliver a global client MIS solution.
Understanding client behaviour
- A highly competitive Wealth Management business landscape has driven demand to increase client centricity information available to management teams
- There is a need to identify client activity across all business lines and track historical evolution of behaviour
- There is a need to bring together revenue and cost of clients to generate granular understanding of client profitability
- The use of comparative analysis of client pricing / activity to allowed us to identify potential revenue opportunities for our client
Our wealth management client operated across 36 booking centres globally. This had resulted in a highly fragmented data landscape which had restricted the development of a universal client centricity.
Given different data secrecy legislation in the different global booking centres, we needed to design a mechanism to allow centralised views of client whilst ensuring compliance.
Defining the data extraction
Calimere Point worked with local booking centre and central teams to define the following elements:
- Client asset balances
- Ultimate beneficial owner (“UBO”) information
- Historic client asset balances and transaction level details – this allowed us to show the evolution of balance changes
Delivering the MIS solution
Using the Lavastorm Analytics Engine, we developed logic to load, normalise and aggregate the disparate data sources from each of the booking centres.
The MIS solution was designed to provide granular asset under management (“AUM”) information per account / UBO, giving users the ability to switch between asset or client views.
We allowed the generation of a historical time series which allowed the dashboarding solution to display changes in client positioning.
The outputs of the Lavastorm process where exported directly into Qlikview which provided the front end dashboarding solution.
A robust and repeatable MIS solution delivered fast
Highly granular analysis empowered client management and sales teams to track client portfolio evolution through a number of different lenses (client, asset, issuer country, currency,
client risk appetite).
A set of configurable algorithms developed to monitor and set alerts for significant changes in client / asset allocations with functionality built to overlay target portfolios against client holdings to highlight deltas to allow rebalancing.
The MIS solution developed an early warning infrastructure to inform client relationship managers and senior managers of significant client portfolio changes.
Wealth Management Client Asset Dashboard became imbedded as the go-to solution for global sales and management.